Thank you for your interest.
Texas Political Subdivision Workers' Compensation Alliance
Job Posting for Executive Director
The Texas Political Subdivision Workers' Compensation Alliance (Alliance) is recruiting for an experienced and dynamic leader to serve as the organization's Executive Director. The Executive Director reports to a five-member Board of Directors and is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the organization, ensuring effective and efficient operations, alignment with organizational goals and exceptional service delivery to its member risk pools.
Located in northwest Austin, the Alliance is a private not-for-profit consortium created in 2006 to serve as a medical provider network for its five member risk pools that provide workers' compensation coverage to employees of cities, counties, school districts, water authorities and mental health centers across the state. Collectively, the Alliance risk pools represent the second largest workers' compensation carrier in the state, with more than 3,000 public employers representing 500,000 employees. The Alliance performs direct contracting and credentialing of health care providers throughout Texas on behalf of its member risk pools. The Alliance focus is on identifying and contracting with the best quality and most efficient health care providers. With this focus on quality, the Alliance has consistently delivered savings to its members-through lower overall medical costs, lower prescription drug utilization, and quicker return-to-work for injured employees.
The Executive Director (ED) serves as the Chief Executive Officer of the organization and is responsible for its overall operation and success. The ED oversees an annual budget of $1.3 million and supervises a staff of seven closely knit employees. The ED has primary responsibility for identifying geographic areas where medical provider contracts are needed, develops the contracting strategy, and oversees and actively participates in contract negotiations with providers. The ED is also responsible for developing and implementing a provider credentialing process and maintaining effective relationships with contracted providers. The ED identifies issues that require attention or action of the Board of Directors and prepares quarterly board meeting materials. Finally, the ED supervises staff, prepares and manages the annual budget, manages vendors, ensures compliance with contracts, and manages financial operations including payroll, AR/AP, human resources, information technology and security.
The ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Eight to ten years of progressively responsible experience with a demonstrable record of success in the healthcare, managed care networking or workers' compensation industry.
- Proven track record with complex, high level contract negotiations and knowledge of health care reimbursement models, including physician/professional fees, hospital/facility fees, and alternative reimbursement arrangements is highly desired.
- Understanding of workers' compensation and experience with governmental risk pools is a strong plus.
- Familiarity with decision-making process used by public or quasi-public entities, board of directors, or similar to include board meeting preparation, compliance with open records requirements, etc.
- Effective communication, consulting, interpersonal, and presentation skills.
- Five or more years of management experience with responsibility for setting organizational priorities, developing key performance metrics, supervising staff, developing and managing budgets, analyzing data to identify trends and deploying technology to deliver services and enhance efficiencies.
The position requires a four-year college degree. An advanced degree or professional designations indicating the individual's commitment to continued professional growth is strongly preferred.
The position requires occasional overnight travel and a valid Texas driver's license.
To apply please submit a cover letter including salary expectations and a professional resume to AllianceDirectorSearch@gmail.com.