Director of Network Development
The Political Subdivision Workers' Compensation Alliance (the Alliance) is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Director of Network Development. The Alliance is a "504" network that contracts with health care providers to treat more than 20,000 injured workers per year throughout the state of Texas. The Alliance is an industry leader and top performer among workers' compensation networks in Texas and exclusively serves our public entity risk pool members.
- Identify, recruit and contract with qualified health care providers to participate in the panel.
- Monitor and evaluate the adequacy of the provider panel throughout the state, developing strategies to minimize gaps and redundancies.
- Evaluate applicants to the panel and recommend those appropriate for contracting.
- Manage the contracting process and negotiate fee schedules that balance the need for access to care with efficient use of member resources.
- Work with stakeholders to identify opportunities and strategies for continued improvement and innovation.
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 5 years’ experience developing physician networks, preferably in the Texas workers' compensation market.
- At least 5 years’ of full life cycle provider contract negotiations experience.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships between providers, payers and other stakeholders.
- Broad knowledge of industry, external forces, market trends and regulations that impact managed care, health care providers and others in the health care system.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Bachelor's degree.
This position requires frequent in-state travel including overnight trips. The anticipated hire date is September 2017. To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to Jennifer Hoff (email@example.com).